Skip to main content

Featured Post

Atlantic Yards/Pacific Park infographics: what's built/what's coming/what's missing, who's responsible, + project FAQ/timeline (pinned post)

Boxer Malignaggi, speaking at Barclays Center, says he's motivated to headline Barclays Center

During a "media availability" yesterday at the in-construction Barclays Center, Brooklyn-born welterweight boxer Paulie Malignaggi showed how self-hype continues to be part of the sweet science. As reported by the New York Post:
“When I first met Brett a couple years ago and I signed with Golden Boy a couple years ago, the whole intent was to be the headliner at Barclays Center,” said Malignaggi, who grew up in Bensonhurst.
“It would be amazing, because I don’t think there’s a bigger Brooklyn name fighter than me right now. Obviously Brooklyn has a long history of great fighters, but I think right now the biggest name fighter in Brooklyn is Paulie Malignaggi, so I think it makes total and complete sense to have me be the headliner in October.”

Comments

Post a Comment